Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Twenty-first century recipes from back in the day

I'm pretty sure my Dad could like nothing more than this "The Back in the Day Cookbook."


...except maybe for this map of the U.S. made of cast iron skillets. 


My dad is all about good hearty cooking - stews, dense cakes or pies, and most everything includes crazy amounts of butter (Paula Dean would be proud). The molasses ginger cookies in this book would be right up his alley! Every time we come home, he always insists on making a huge breakfast of fried eggs and hash browns, toast - you name it, the man cooks it (all on a cast iron skillet, might I add)! Homemade meals are just one of the many plusses of being home. We even say no one cooks tea quite like my Dad, too. It's just boiling water, but the man's a culinary genius! Everything just tastes better when you're home, wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment