Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mmmm, macaroons


Did you ever play communion with Nilla wafers when you were little? Embarrassingly enough, my sisters and I did. There's nothing that makes you feel less weird when you realize a friend of yours did/ does the same thing... Lo and behold, today my friend referenced playing communion with nilla wafers. Comfort in numbers, people. Comfort in numbers.  

My sisters and I would get fancy with the puffy wafers that had the sugar beads on the inside. Long story short, I had a nice chuckle when theses same beads made a reappearance on these gawgeous little  macaroons -- takes me right back to my childhood. Kind of. 


p.s. I always accidentally spell macaroon with two "r's" and one "o," making it a macarron - sounds like a tasty little mexican dessert if you roll the "r" just so. Or something you might find on "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," yikes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment