Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looking for a new mascara?

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is always getting dressed up! I never seem to allot nearly enough time, so I usually stick with my tried and true make-up techniques instead of experimenting with too many things at once.

One thing I have experimented with a bit are mascaras! For me, it's so important to play up your eyes. 


So here are a few inexpensive mascaras I've used lately and my thoughts... Hopefully this helps you find your perfect mascara for the holidays! 

1. Maybelline's Great Lash: It consistently ranks in the top beauty product wrap-up of the season in magazines. It's great for a night out, and truly does not clump! Although it does take a while to dry and is definitely not waterproof. One hint of a tear, and this one's a goner. Save it for evening dinner parties or a small event where you want to make a big statement.


2. DiorShow Mascara: My sister Genevieve swears by it! It's a bit expensive for a mascara, but one swipe really is enough. Treat yourself to this mascara if you're looking to really invest, and make sure you'll use it enough. Good make-up is not meant to collect dust on your desk. 


3. Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies: Maybelline, you've done it again. A few coats on my eyelashes make a huge difference, and it doesn't budge until I wash my face at the day's end. Even then, the waterproof version requires a good make-up remover to completely remove it. This number is perfect for all day adventures ice-skating, shopping, or just baking cookies at home! 


4. Covergirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara: Try as I might and as much as I search, I think I will always swear by my CoverGirl. My cousin Hannah showed me LashBlast back in high school, and it's been my favorite ever since! The version of LashBlast called Luxe even has sparkly flecks that add a nice faux twinkle to your eyes. This is an inexpensive beauty tool that is not leaving my make-up regimen anytime soon - no matter how short of time I am! 

5. And if you really can't decide... Sephora has a mascara sampler complete with 10 different brands! Genius!
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment