Friday, June 1, 2012

Do you ever have weird dreams?

Last night, I woke up from three - count em - three weird dreams all in one evening.


(My cousins at the lake house last summer)

The first? My sister and I were traveling to a mansion in California, but first we had to walk through a quadrant of giant bugs. Think the sizes of softballs and basketballs. They were huge and gross, and my sister Genevieve and I were screaming.

Well, what do you know, one flew down my shirt. I distinctly remember crawling out of bed and shaking out my clothes in the middle of the night. Can you imagine the horror of a softball-sized bug in your clothes? Eww, makes me shudder.

According to this top ten facts about dreams, external stimuli often invade our dreams. Real Simple Magazine just featured a big article about how to treat bug bites which I was reading last evening. It was complete with larger than life photos of the bugs themselves. Huh. Sounds... influential. On the other hand, Glamour's dream dictionary stated that if you are unable to ward off the bug, it could mean unfortunate influences surround you. Eek!

The second... is bizarre and hilarious. I was living a real life Hunger Games, which sounds like it could be cool, minus the fact that I had to take lives. Weird, no? I thought I was being sly by trying to keep people off my trail. All of the competitors stayed in hotels, so my idea of deflecting the enemy was putting my name on someone else's hotel room (because we all stayed in hotel rooms at night - hahaha!). And yes, it worked. I won the Hunger Games, thank you very much.

And the third? I can't even remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment