Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Summer 2012

With finals creeping up, I've got my eye on the prize: Summer! Admittedly, I just began my summer must list chocked full of reads, places, and eats, and I'm positively dying to get a start on it in just two weeks.

Here is a top ten (in no particular order) of the things I am most looking forward to!

1. J.K. Rowling is releasing a new book in September. Ok, so it's not technically Summer, but the anticipation has me considering picking up the Harry Potter series again.


2. Visits to Chicago. This summer, I will finally see a play downtown after years of saying I want it to happen! 




3. Visits to my cousin's lakehouse. There is absolutely nothing like a warm s'more at the day's end or a good book lakeside. 


4. My whole family finally being in the states and together in Munster, even if only for a weekend or two.


5. Having a kitchen at my fingertips to try some new recipes! Carrot cake pancakes, anyone? 


6. Dresses. Period. 


7. Summer blockbusters, all day erryday. This May movie funk has been killin me. 


8. Netflix in the park. Yes please! Maybe with these cute DIY picnic baskets. Or probably everything thrown in a towel and lugged over my shoulder. Let's be real here. 


9. All that fresh summer produce, finally! If it weren't for the grill, I swear I could be a vegetarian for the summer months. 


10. The Beardies. I'm so thankful we've managed to stay close, and I will nevuh evuh tire of our late night chats, beach trips, or morning work-outs. 



Just writing this post has me super excited for Summer! I hope you feel the same, reader-friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment